I had a request to make this dish from a viewer of mine on Twitch.tv! I’ve had this dish many times before but never prepared it myself. I found a recipe online and decided to tweek and add a few of my own ingredients and this dish came out delicious and quite pleasing to my guests that I had over for dinner. Feel free to adjust the heat in this dish to suit personal taste!
This recipe makes 4 servings
The ingredients you’ll need:
- 2 Tbsp. Butter
- 8 ounces beef kielbasa or Andouille sausage (cut into ¼ inch slices)
- 1 Lbs. large shrimp, peeled (I used frozen)
- 1 piece of chicken breast the piece I used was 6 oz (cubed)(optional)
- 1 Large green bell pepper (diced)
- 1 cup celery, sliced into ¼ inch thick pieces
- 4 green onions sliced thinly
- 1 can diced tomatoes
- 1 cup uncooked brown rice (or white rice)
- 3 cups chicken stock (low sodium)
- 2 Tbsp. Ground Paprika
- 1 Tbsp. Ground Cumin
- 1 tsp. salt (I used Himalayan salt)
- ½ tsp. cayenne pepper
- ¼ tsp. black pepper
- 1 bay leaf
1. Place butter in a large stockpot over medium heat and let the butter melt.
2. Stir the cubed chicken, 8 oz kielbasa, 2 Tbsp. Ground Paprika, 1 Tbsp. Ground Cumin, 1 tsp. salt, ½ tsp. cayenne pepper, ¼ tsp. black pepper, and 1 bay leaf and cook for about 5 minutes on medium.
3. Stir in tomatoes, sliced onions, diced green pepper, and 1 Cup of celery.
4. Add 1 cup of brown rice and stir and combine. Stir in the 4 cups of chicken stock and turn heat to medium low.
5. Cover and Cook for 60 minutes, or until the rice is tender.
6. Stir in the shrimp, replace lid and cook for an additional 10 minutes. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
7. Serve some rolls with your dish and enjoy!
*Note: I doubled my recipe so my batch looks a lot larger*