These tasty, cheesy stuffed spinach pasta shells are the ultimate Italian comfort food and will have everyone coming back for seconds! It is also a creative way to sneak veggies into your diet.
Ingredients you’ll need:
- 1 box of Jumbo Pasta Shells
- 2 Cups of Ricotta Cheese
- 2 packages of 10 ounce spinach.
- 1 cup grated Parmesan cheese.
- 1.5 Tbsp Fennel seeds (optional).
- 2 Tbsp dried Basil.
- 1 Tbsp dried Parsley
- 1 Jar of Spaghetti sauce.
- 4 cloves of Garlic.
- Salt and pepper to taste.
1. Preheat your oven to 350 degrees F.
2. Bring a large pot of salted water to boil. Gently place shells in boiling water. Cook noodles until they are tender, not soggy; drain well.
3. Cook Spinach as shown. I use the microwavable Spinach. Squeeze spinach dry.
4. Combine spinach, ricotta, 1/3 cup Parmesan cheese, fennel, basil and garlic in a large mixing bowl. Season with salt and pepper; mix well.
5. Spread 1/2 cup marinara sauce evenly over the bottom of a 9×13 inch baking dish.
6. Fill each pasta shell with the spinach cheese mixture. Arrange the shells, filling side up in the baking dish. I use a gallon size plastic bag and fill the mixture with it, cut off a little corner, and this makes it easier to fill the shells.
7. Pour remaining sauce over the shells and sprinkle the rest of the Parmesan on top of the shells.
Serve with garlic bread and salad. Enjoy!