When most people hear the word “Tofu” they automatically think of a white blob that’s bland and has a weird texture. But when prepared properly, tofu is delicious. It is very nutritious containing protein and calcium. The best thing about tofu that most individuals don’t know is that it exceeds the nutritional value of most meat dishes. Here is one of my favorite baked tofu recipes that you can eat with rice and a side of greens or with a salad.
The ingredients you’ll need:
- 16 oz Extra Firm Tofu
- 2 Tbsp Sesame Oil
- 4 Tbsp Soy Sauce
- 3 Tbsp Maple Syrup
- 1 tsp Minced Garlic
- 2 tsp Siracha Sauce
- 2 Tbsp Rice Wine Vinegar
- A pinch of onion powder
- A pinch of Sea salt
- 2 tsp Crushed red peppers
1. Take tofu and dry off with paper towels. You want to get it as dry as possible so it absorbs the marinade.
2. Preheat your oven to 400 degrees.
3. In a shallow dish, combine all the ingredients (besides the tofu).
4. Cut the tofu into 1 inch strips.
5. Spray a 9×13 baking sheet with nonstick spray.
6. Drench each piece of Tofu with the sauce and place onto baking sheet.
7. Bake 15 minutes, flip, baste with the remaining sauce, and bake for an additional 15 minutes. (Total baking time 30 minutes)
8. Serve and enjoy!